This first survey here is ganked from tiasabrina.
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Graduated from graduate school and got a full-time job. Wheela! Oh, and come out to my parents. Well, my dad, but he told my mom. Now just the brother is left. Unless someone told him, which is entirely possible.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Er...not really, never made any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not this year, no. But my brother got engaged.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Many made up happy fantasy lands, but none in reality.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A job in a place that isn't so discriminatory.
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 16, started new job. May 1, graduated. That's about it, really. Not as much stuff happened this year. Oh yeah, November 2-3, country went mad.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a job? Coming out? I suppose the job, alas.
9. What was your biggest failure?
My devious plan to take over the world STILL has not gotten off the ground.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Lord. Most of the latter half of the year. I think it's adjusting to getting up early, but I got uvulitis a couple times, and have just suffered a ton of general malaise. I'm hoping the vacation thing (I leave tonight!) will help.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Becky's soul. But I didn't exactly pay for it. ^_-
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Jess's, for getting certified! Jessica's (different person), for pulling out of her funk and trying to do something about the fact that she hates where she is.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. Food. Training the zombie horde.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting a job, starting world takeover, the usual.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Sadly, probably "Keep it Gay", from The Producers soundtrack.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I can't remember how I was last year, probably happier
b) thinner or fatter? Probably about the same.
c) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercising, writing, planning.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Lazing around? Eating bad food? Plotting death revenges on people who don't deserve it as much as others?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I'm going home tonight, will generally laze about and try to stop being sick while hanging out with family and friends. Gift giving on the 25th, which will include Nidhi, the future sister-in-law. That's about it. We're not much for the religious side of things.
21. How will you be spending New Years?
NOT AT A PARTY, DAMMIT! *sniff* Ever since high school, we've had a New Years party tradition, but I can't go this year because I have to work! I'll probably just hang out with Jess. But I might not even have someone to kiss come midnight because she'll probably be at work! Meaning I'll be alone! Sigh.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Again with the same person. ^^;
23. How many one-night stands?
Er, not really any, since anyone I would stand with is at least a good friend.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh, TV, my nemesis. I'll go with Invader Zim.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, no one new has pissed me off.
26. What was the best book you read?
Gods. So many... I'm a freakin' librarian! Um... I liked Janet Evanovich, what I read (Stephanie Plum series). I liked A Series of Unfortunate Events. I liked the two Faerie Wars books. I liked the Holocaust book I read, though it depressed me. Damn. Get back to me later on this one.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
A job. My parents' blessing.
29. What did you want and not get?
My guy friends to make out and let me take pictures (Jason and Ike don't count! Because...uh...it's not hard to convince Jason to do that stuff! And I wanted Ian and Elliot to do it, dammit!).
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Lord. What came out this year? Probably The Incredibles. I am a child.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24, and I totally don't remember. I think I just had a quiet little thing with Jess. The actual party-ish stuff was probably at the screening.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Kerry winning, I think. And those damn marriage proposals not passing. Or at least someone taking a look at the state constitutional amendment process, because it's ridiculous.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
34. What kept you sane?
My indomitable will, apparently.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Er, let's go with Johnny Depp. Or possibly Nicole Kidman.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Whom did you miss?
Sara (joellehart), Allison(cyrenasea), Jamie (jaymian), Lawrence (zaph).
38. Who was the best new person you met?
New person? Did I meet Jeremy or Julius this year? No, they were probably last year, so... uh... Tyler. Co-worker. Usually known as T.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
People would be much happier if we all just tried to help each other get laid, rather than trying to stop each other. Okay, that's more of a character's philosophy, but it seems rather true to me.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Must it all be either less or more, either plain or grand? Is it always 'or'? Is it never 'and'?"
"Even knowing that you've had an 'and' when you're back to 'or' makes the 'or' mean more than it did before."